Reid: Vick will be ready for Eagles opener
PHILADELPHIA - August 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- Eagles coach Andy Reid says there's no question Michael Vick will be ready to play the season opener despite injuring his ribs again.
Vick won't practice Wednesday after bruising his ribs and the soft tissue surrounding it during Philadelphia's win at New England on Monday.
The three-time Pro Bowl quarterback hasn't been ruled out of Friday night's preseason game at Cleveland, though it's unlikely he will play.
The Eagles play the Browns again in Week 1 on Sept. 9.
Vick has missed three games because of rib injuries in each of the past two seasons. Nick Foles will start on Friday if Vick can't play.
The starters are expected to play about one quarter.
philadelphia eagles, michael vick, andy reid, desean jackson, nfl
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 43 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman 16 min ago
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 41 min ago
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 46 min ago
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman 14 min ago
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more