Reid: Vick will be ready for Eagles opener
PHILADELPHIA - August 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- Eagles coach Andy Reid says there's no question Michael Vick will be ready to play the season opener despite injuring his ribs again.
Vick won't practice Wednesday after bruising his ribs and the soft tissue surrounding it during Philadelphia's win at New England on Monday.
The three-time Pro Bowl quarterback hasn't been ruled out of Friday night's preseason game at Cleveland, though it's unlikely he will play.
The Eagles play the Browns again in Week 1 on Sept. 9.
Vick has missed three games because of rib injuries in each of the past two seasons. Nick Foles will start on Friday if Vick can't play.
The starters are expected to play about one quarter.
philadelphia eagles, michael vick, andy reid, desean jackson, nfl
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Stormy to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list