Eagles sign P Mat McBriar, cut Chas Henry
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - September 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Eagles have signed two-time Pro Bowl punter Mat McBriar to a two-year contract and released Chas Henry.
McBriar, a 33-year old native of Australia, played eight seasons with the Dallas Cowboys from 2004-11. He played with the Eagles in the preseason and was among the final cuts.
Henry was in his second season with the Eagles. He averaged 48.3 yards with a net of 38 yards on 16 punts this season.
McBriar's average of 45.3 yards per punt ranks fifth in NFL history. McBriar's career net average is 38.4 yards and he has 175 punts inside the opponents' 20-yard line.
Philadelphia also signed long snapper Kyle Nelson to the practice squad and released wide receiver Jeremy Ebert.
philadelphia eagles, michael vick, andy reid, desean jackson, nfl
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy 13 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 9 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 9 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
- 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
13 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate...
9 min ago