Eagles sign P Mat McBriar, cut Chas Henry
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - September 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Eagles have signed two-time Pro Bowl punter Mat McBriar to a two-year contract and released Chas Henry.
McBriar, a 33-year old native of Australia, played eight seasons with the Dallas Cowboys from 2004-11. He played with the Eagles in the preseason and was among the final cuts.
Henry was in his second season with the Eagles. He averaged 48.3 yards with a net of 38 yards on 16 punts this season.
McBriar's average of 45.3 yards per punt ranks fifth in NFL history. McBriar's career net average is 38.4 yards and he has 175 punts inside the opponents' 20-yard line.
Philadelphia also signed long snapper Kyle Nelson to the practice squad and released wide receiver Jeremy Ebert.
philadelphia eagles, michael vick, andy reid, desean jackson, nfl
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday 24 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Milder Monday
24 min ago