Eagles' linebacker Ryans: The season isn't over
PHILADELPHIA - November 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- "The season isn't over." Those were the words of linebacker DeMeco Ryans on Friday but heading into Monday's game the team is facing a lot of struggles.
With a 3 and 7 record and riding a six-game losing streak, it certainly feels that way.
"It's hard to have fun when getting butt kicked," said Andy Reid, Eagles' Head Coach.
The Eagles are getting hurt in more ways than one. Sidelined with concussions, they are preparing to play without Michael Vick and Lesean McCoy.
However Reid is expecting Nick Foles and Bryce Brown to step up for the team and for the fans, who are frustrated with how they've been playing.
"I know fans are frustrated. To feel like you are letting the city down, it doesn't feel good," said Brent Celek.
The team feels just as bad that Reid will likely take the fall.
While Reid says he's not focusing on what his future holds, his players know changes are likely coming.
"I understand what's at stake. What happens, I understand, as far as what's at stake for this season" said Jeremy Maclin.
"I think Andy is one of the greatest coaches of all time. I know a lot of peple would disagree with that right now but we all have ups and downs in our lives," said Celek.
While Reid is the leader of the team, Desean Jackson says the problem might be that they don't have a vocal leader in the lockeroom.
philadelphia eagles, michael vick, andy reid, desean jackson, nfl, jeff skversky
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Obama mourns death of icon Nelson Mandela
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home 50 min ago
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Police raid alleged chop shop in South Philadelphia 58 min ago
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep