Bargain-basement prices for Eagles tickets
PHILADELPHIA - November 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Eagles have lost six straight games going into the Monday night matchup at Lincoln Financial Field against the 2-8 Carolina Panthers.
As a result, once-coveted Birds' tickets are now available at a bargain.
For example, tickets were going for as little as $25 just hours before kickoff. Simply put, supply is overwhelming demand for the game.
"Going at around $25 for lower levels that cost about $95. It was the big losses the past three weeks that threw the market down," said James Bell of Old City.
The collapsing market produced a craigslist.com offer of leftover Halloween candy for an Eagles ticket. The man who posted the ad said one person responded saying "throw in a beer and some M&Ms and he'd think about it."
Meanwhile, tailgaters gathered outside Lincoln Financial Field were talking about the fate of head coach Andy Reid and his 3-7 team.
"Time to move on and get rid of Andy. I think you need to let him go now," said Brian Mcginness of Bellmawr, N.J.
"It's time for a new coach, it really is," said Wes McMichael of Harrisburg, Pa.
At Chickie's and Pete's on Monday, one-time college player Mike DeFilippo disagrees. He thinks fans calling for Reid's ouster underestimate how injuries hurt the Birds.
DeFilippo said he is not backing away from the coach.
"I'm with them when they lose, I'm with them when they win," he said.
But many think the fans are growing restless and will be heard from at the game.
"I think you will hear booing, chants for Andy to be fired," said Don Christino of Havertown. "I think you're going to see an unruly crowd."
philadelphia eagles, andy reid, nfl
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man critical after police-involved shooting
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt 19 min ago
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Man swallows gold bars in India
- Video: Dying dog in Canada has bucket list
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos