Longtime 49er fan wins Super Bowl tickets from Jed York
The last of the 49er season ticket holders, who lucked out in a special lottery, picked up their Super Bowl tickets on Saturday.
A limited number of tickets were made available to loyal customers over the past two days.
Season ticket holders lined up at the Candlestick box office to pay about a thousand dollars a ticket for next Sunday's Super Bowl in New Orleans.
One fan that wasn't lucky enough to win that lottery had a very different kind of luck on Saturday.
Longtime 49er fan Terry White has attended each of the team's five previous Super Bowls, starting with the 1981 season. But he wasn't chosen in this year's season ticket holder lottery.
It looked like his streak was at an end, until 49ers owner Jed York announced via email that White was the winner of his Twitter giveaway of two tickets.
"I opened up the email and started reading it and when I got to the end I just wasn't sure if I was actually getting tickets or not when I read it cause I guess I was in shock," White said.
White's been a 49er season ticket holder for 45 years.
York picked him over a 6-year-old girl from Ohio known for her YouTube raps about the Niners.
san francisco 49ers, nfl, nfl playoffs, super bowl, nfl
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 53 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington 1 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 19 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
53 min ago