Source: Eagles hire Bill Davis as defensive coordinator
PHILADELPHIA - February 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- League sources have confirmed to Action News that the Philadelphia Eagles have hired Bill Davis, of the Cleveland Browns, as defensive coordinator.
Davis currently serves as the linebackers coach for the Browns, as position he has held since January, 2011.
According to the Browns' website, Davis was previously with the Arizona Cardinals, first as linebackers coach from 2007-08 and then as defensive coordinator from 2009-10.
This move has not been confirmed by the Eagles and, indeed, new head coach Chip Kelly has yet to officially announce any of his coaching hires.
philadelphia eagles, nfl
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation 17 min ago
- Teen shot in Wilmington 54 min ago
- Man who bought guns for teen sentenced
- ID released of man killed on Pa. Turnpike
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition