Source: Eagles hire Bill Davis as defensive coordinator
PHILADELPHIA - February 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- League sources have confirmed to Action News that the Philadelphia Eagles have hired Bill Davis, of the Cleveland Browns, as defensive coordinator.
Davis currently serves as the linebackers coach for the Browns, as position he has held since January, 2011.
According to the Browns' website, Davis was previously with the Arizona Cardinals, first as linebackers coach from 2007-08 and then as defensive coordinator from 2009-10.
This move has not been confirmed by the Eagles and, indeed, new head coach Chip Kelly has yet to officially announce any of his coaching hires.
philadelphia eagles, nfl
- 2 dead in police involved shootings
- Very unsettled Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Surveillance released in fatal Camden shooting
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Brutal attack in London heightens terror fears
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Finding the perfect bra
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees