Source: Eagles hire Bill Davis as defensive coordinator
PHILADELPHIA - February 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- League sources have confirmed to Action News that the Philadelphia Eagles have hired Bill Davis, of the Cleveland Browns, as defensive coordinator.
Davis currently serves as the linebackers coach for the Browns, as position he has held since January, 2011.
According to the Browns' website, Davis was previously with the Arizona Cardinals, first as linebackers coach from 2007-08 and then as defensive coordinator from 2009-10.
This move has not been confirmed by the Eagles and, indeed, new head coach Chip Kelly has yet to officially announce any of his coaching hires.
philadelphia eagles, nfl
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine 23 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sinking ferry
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape 59 min ago