Source: Eagles hire Bill Davis as defensive coordinator
PHILADELPHIA - February 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- League sources have confirmed to Action News that the Philadelphia Eagles have hired Bill Davis, of the Cleveland Browns, as defensive coordinator.
Davis currently serves as the linebackers coach for the Browns, as position he has held since January, 2011.
According to the Browns' website, Davis was previously with the Arizona Cardinals, first as linebackers coach from 2007-08 and then as defensive coordinator from 2009-10.
This move has not been confirmed by the Eagles and, indeed, new head coach Chip Kelly has yet to officially announce any of his coaching hires.
philadelphia eagles, nfl
- 1 dead, 5 hurt in Trenton drive-by shooting
- Record Warmth! 56 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Crews battle house fire in Elsmere
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- Photos: Snowy owl spotted in Strathmere 47 min ago
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Record Warmth!
56 min ago