Source: Eagles hire Bill Davis as defensive coordinator
PHILADELPHIA - February 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- League sources have confirmed to Action News that the Philadelphia Eagles have hired Bill Davis, of the Cleveland Browns, as defensive coordinator.
Davis currently serves as the linebackers coach for the Browns, as position he has held since January, 2011.
According to the Browns' website, Davis was previously with the Arizona Cardinals, first as linebackers coach from 2007-08 and then as defensive coordinator from 2009-10.
This move has not been confirmed by the Eagles and, indeed, new head coach Chip Kelly has yet to officially announce any of his coaching hires.
philadelphia eagles, nfl
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos