ESPN: 49ers to trade QB Smith to Kansas City
SAN FRANCISCO -- A league source tells ESPN the San Francisco 49ers have agreed to trade quarterback Alex Smith to the Kansas City Chiefs.
According to the source, Kansas City will trade its second-round pick in the 2013 draft (the second selection in the round) and another conditional mid-round pick in 2014.
The trade cannot be officially completed until March 12, which is when the 2013 league year officially begins.
Smith, 28, has thrown for 14,280 yards with 81 touchdowns and 63 interceptions in 80 career games.
alex smith, colin kaepernick, san francisco 49ers, nfl
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 24 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 19 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 39 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 47 min ago
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley 34 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship 24 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
24 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
19 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
39 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos