Kaepernick teams up with Michelle Obama to promote PE
San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick is teaming up with first lady Michelle Obama to promote physical education in schools.
Kaepernick led the 49ers to the Super Bowl after becoming the team's starting quarterback midway into the season.
Studies show kids need an average of at least 60 minutes of physical activity each day to stay healthy, but only one in three kids are getting that. Currently, only 4 percent of elementary schools, 8 percent of middle schools and 2 percent of high schools offer daily P.E.
michelle obama, colin kaepernick, children, nfl
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Arrest in theft of Porsche part from Walker crash