49ers player Chris Culliver meets with LGBT group
LOS ANGELES -- 49ers Defensive Back Chris Culliver, who caused a stir at the Super Bowl for his anti-gay remarks is making good on his pledge to learn from his experience.
Tuesday, Culliver visited a leading national organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender teens in Los Angeles.
The 24-year-old met with executives of The Trevor Project and indicated he would like to volunteer with the organization in the future.
Culliver found himself in the center of a media-storm when he said a gay teammate would not be welcome in the 49ers' locker room.
san francisco 49ers, super bowl, lgbt, los angeles, nfl
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today 41 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver killed in collision with Taxi Cab in Olney 14 min ago
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Clouds to sun, cool today
41 min ago