49ers player Chris Culliver meets with LGBT group
LOS ANGELES -- 49ers Defensive Back Chris Culliver, who caused a stir at the Super Bowl for his anti-gay remarks is making good on his pledge to learn from his experience.
Tuesday, Culliver visited a leading national organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender teens in Los Angeles.
The 24-year-old met with executives of The Trevor Project and indicated he would like to volunteer with the organization in the future.
Culliver found himself in the center of a media-storm when he said a gay teammate would not be welcome in the 49ers' locker room.
san francisco 49ers, super bowl, lgbt, los angeles, nfl
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested 56 min ago
- SEPTA spreads holiday cheer with toy drive
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Dealer charged with selling Sandy damaged cars
- Bishop McDevitt HS student robbed at gunpoint
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ 46 min ago
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
46 min ago