Eagles' offensive linemen getting stronger in rehab
PHILADELPHIA - March 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- While it wasn't exactly a good year to be a Philadelphia Eagle, it was especially bad for offensive linemen.
Just ask Jason Kelce and Todd Herremans, both of whom suffered major injuries.
Kelce has had a rough road after tearing the MCL and ACL in his knee during week two.
"This isn't just a game that you're messing with. Every single day just walking around, trying to go up a flight of stairs. You're sidelined from life for a few weeks or months in a lot of cases" said Kelce.
Herremans spent five weeks on a scooter after dislocating a bone in his foot during week nine. It's a rare injury with a long recovery.
"I decided I'm not going to cut my hair until I'm 100 percent healthy, so I just have to keep it out of my eyes while I'm working out," said Herremans.
He should be able to cut his hair soon, he expects to be cleared to play in a couple of weeks. Kelce hopes to be back by May
In the meantime, the two are rehab buddies, working hard together to get back on the field.
"I was without a rehab partner for about five or six weeks then luckily Todd had a major injury so he had to join me," said Kelce.
Since Kelce and Herremans were injured, everything has changed but both say they like the vibe that Chip Kelly brings to the place.
They both know with a new coach, there will be an open competition for jobs. However these two have already been competing against each other all rehab long.
"We'd see who can grow out longer hair, bench press too," said Kelce.
"It makes the days go by faster, it's fun" said Herremans.
philadelphia eagles, nfl, jamie apody
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area 49 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm causes multiple accidents, delays at airport 51 min ago
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 1 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm 2 min ago
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com!
- Video: Eagles fan tailgate in the snow
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
49 min ago