San Francisco 49ers sold $403M worth of new stadium seats
SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- There is promising news about the San Francisco 49ers' new Santa Clara stadium.
Our media partners at the San Jose Mercury News report that the team has sold three-fourths of the seats at the new stadium, totaling $403 million.
That's roughly equal to the cost spent to build the stadium so far.
The team says they're on track to sell out completely before the 2014 season, when the 49ers will begin playing in the South Bay.
san francisco 49ers, santa clara, nfl
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 10 min ago
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ