Eagles acquire Clifton Geathers in trade with Colts
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - March 28, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Indianapolis Colts have acquired fullback Stanley Havili in a trade with Philadelphia in exchange for defensive end Clifton Geathers.
The 6-foot, 245-pound Havili gives the Colts their first true fullback in years and should help the new offense under first-year coordinator Pep Hamilton.
Havili was Philadelphia's seventh-round draft pick in 2011 and had six rushes for 22 yards and one TD in 15 games with the Eagles. Geathers had five tackles and his first career sack with Indy last season after being promoted from the practice squad to the active roster Oct. 9.
Indy also says Jeff Linkenbach, a restricted free agent, signed his qualifying offer. He has played in all 48 regular-season games since the Colts signed him in 2010.
philadelphia eagles, nfl
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today 54 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook 27 min ago
- Police officer's SUV stolen with gun, badge
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's 49 min ago
- Video: First dog knocks down toddler at White House 48 min ago
- Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's
49 min ago
- Mysterious, driverless car spotted on highway
48 min ago
- First dog knocks down toddler at White House
48 min ago