Raiders trade QB Carson Palmer to Cardinals
TEMPE, Ariz. -- The Arizona Cardinals have acquired quarterback Carson Palmer from the Oakland Raiders.
The Cardinals gave up a conditional 2014 draft pick and swapped one of their sixth-round picks this year for Oakland's seventh-round selection.
Palmer, who agreed to rework his contract with the Cardinals, is expected to move into the starting quarterback role for new Arizona coach Bruce Arians.
The Raiders were at least able to get something for the quarterback rather than just release him. Oakland acquired quarterback Matt Flynn on Monday in a deal that sent two draft picks to the Seahawks.
Earlier, the Cardinals signed free agent quarterback Drew Stanton, the backup to Andrew Luck last season at Indianapolis, where Arians was interim head coach.
oakland raiders, nfl
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow 5 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays 20 min ago
- Video: Downed power line in Lower Merion
- Video: Katherine Scott reports on icy AM conditions
- Video: John Rawlins reports on a slushy start
- Casino patron abducted, robbed and shot
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally 42 min ago
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
5 min ago