Plans underway for land near new 49ers stadium in Santa Clara
SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- Santa Clara city leaders are considering a massive "entertainment district" across the street from the new 49ers stadium.
The Silicon Valley Business Journal reports that hotels, restaurants, retail and residential are all on the table for a 230-acre former landfill that's currently a city-owned golf course.
Next week the city council will consider an agreement with a global developer.
If the partnership moves forward the developer would have five months to analyze the site's potential uses.
san francisco 49ers, santa clara, construction, art, movies, real estate, housing market, restaurants, retail, nfl
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 1 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 10 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident 16 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
10 min ago