Eagles release QB Trent Edwards
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - April 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Eagles have released quarterback Trent Edwards, a day before the team's first veteran minicamp.
Edwards spent last season as the No. 3 and backup quarterback after sitting out the 2011 season. He was 15-18 as a starter in Buffalo and 0-1 with Jacksonville.
Edwards completed 54 of 80 passes in the 2012 preseason, threw four touchdowns and had a 100.5 passer rating to beat out Mike Kafka for the No. 3 job behind Michael Vick and Nick Foles.
The Eagles have four quarterbacks on their roster including Vick, Foles, Dennis Dixon and G.J. Kinne.
philadelphia eagles, nfl
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 19 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 13 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge 11 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 31 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
13 min ago