Eagles release QB Trent Edwards
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - April 15, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Eagles have released quarterback Trent Edwards, a day before the team's first veteran minicamp.
Edwards spent last season as the No. 3 and backup quarterback after sitting out the 2011 season. He was 15-18 as a starter in Buffalo and 0-1 with Jacksonville.
Edwards completed 54 of 80 passes in the 2012 preseason, threw four touchdowns and had a 100.5 passer rating to beat out Mike Kafka for the No. 3 job behind Michael Vick and Nick Foles.
The Eagles have four quarterbacks on their roster including Vick, Foles, Dennis Dixon and G.J. Kinne.
philadelphia eagles, nfl
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis 50 min ago
- DeCoatsworth seeks to withdraw guilty plea 56 min ago
- Mistrial declared in Philly priest sex-abuse case 4 min ago
- 2 dead, others missing in NYC building explosion 1 min ago
- Montco student diagnosed with meningitis-causing infection 10 min ago
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush...
2 min ago
- Montco student diagnosed with...
10 min ago