SF 49ers' new Santa Clara stadium costs increase
SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- It will now cost the San Francisco 49ers more to finish building their new home in Santa Clara.
This comes after the team decided to add about $100 million dollars worth of tech features to Levi's Stadium
That ups the stadium cost to about $1.3 billion.
The decision to add extras follows Super Bowl 50 being awarded to the Bay Area.
Our media partner, the San Jose Mercury News, reports the team has already sold a billion dollars in seat licenses and naming rights.
super bowl, san francisco 49ers, santa clara, nfl, construction, nfl
- 2 million dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 47 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
- Man shot several times in stomach in Chester
- Police: Job applicant stole from tip jar
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor