Eagles agree to 4-year deal with QB Matt Barkley
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - June 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- Quarterback Matt Barkley and the Philadelphia Eagles have agreed on a four-year contract.
Barkley was selected in the fourth round of the NFL draft after a standout career at Southern California. The move announced Thursday leaves only one draft pick unsigned.
Barkley rewrote the conference record book during a USC-record 47 starts over four seasons, becoming the Pac-12's leader in touchdown passes, yards passing, completions and total offense.
He's competing with Michael Vick and Nick Foles for the starting job.
philadelphia eagles, nfl
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis 34 min ago
- DeCoatsworth seeks to withdraw guilty plea 40 min ago
- Mistrial declared in Philly priest sex-abuse case 32 min ago
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 18 min ago
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush...
4 min ago