Eagles WR Jeremy Maclin tears ACL, could miss season
PHILADELPHIA - July 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- Eagles wide receiver Jeremy Maclin tore the ACL in his right knee during practice Saturday and could miss the season.
Maclin went down at the end of a non-contact drill and appeared in pain while on the ground for several minutes. He was helped onto the cart and needed assistance getting off it and going into the team's practice facility.
Philadelphia is in its second full practice under new coach Chip Kelly. The first practice with pads is Sunday.
The Eagles signed wide receiver David Ball to the 90-man roster. The 29-year-old Ball played for Kelly at New Hampshire, and broke Jerry Rice's Division I-AA record for touchdown receptions. Ball spent time in training camp with Chicago and the New York Jets in 2007-08.
Maclin is headed into his fifth season with the Eagles. He led the team with 69 catches for 857 yards and seven touchdowns last season, and the former first-round pick is in the final year of his rookie contract.
Two-time Pro Bowl wide receiver DeSean Jackson is Philadelphia's other starter. The team has veterans Jason Avant and Riley Cooper along with several younger wideouts in camp.
Maclin has averaged 64 catches, 863 yards and six TDs in his first four seasons. His best year was in 2011 when he had 70 receptions for 964 yards and 10 TDs.
philadelphia eagles, nfl
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today 27 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man critical after police-involved shooting 8 min ago
- Fire damages corner produce store in North Philly 22 min ago
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Middle Township crash
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Arrest warrant issued in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
27 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos