Vick to start, split time with Foles
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - August 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Michael Vick will start for the Philadelphia Eagles in their preseason opener against New England on Friday night because coach Chip Kelly says it's his turn to go first in the quarterback rotation.
Nick Foles also will take snaps with the starters, and Kelly says the second-year pro will start the second preseason game. Both Vick and Foles are expected to get between 12 and 20 snaps vs. the Patriots.
The two QBs have been competing for the No. 1 job since Kelly's arrival in Philadelphia. Rookie Matt Barkley will come in after Vick and Foles.
Kelly made the announcement Thursday, saying it had nothing to do with evaluations or performance in training camp so far.
philadelphia eagles, chip kelly, michael vick, nfl
- China: Vietnam detects signals from missing plane 39 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 2 min ago
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos