Eagles name Nick Foles starting quarterback
PHILADELPHIA - November 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Eagles have named Nick Foles the starting quarterback.
That announcement was made by head coach Chip Kelly on Tuesday morning.
Foles had been starting for the team in place of the injured Michael Vick, who was out with a hamstring injury.
Coach Chip Kelly said he met with Foles and Vick on Tuesday morning to explain his decision.
"Nick will be our starter," Kelly said. "Hopefully we get Mike back for a full week of practice, and he'll be the No. 2 guy this week."
Kelly said Foles will be the starter for the rest of the season, barring injury.
The Eagles are tied with the Dallas Cowboys for first place in the NFC East.
The Cowboys' win over the New York Giants on Sunday sets up a potential winner-take-all season finale at home against Philadelphia on Dec. 29.
Read More at ESPN.com.
philadelphia eagles, chip kelly, michael vick, desean jackson, lesean mccoy, nfl
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight 19 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak Lane 21 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold...
19 min ago