Browns tab Campbell to start against Pats
Cleveland Browns quarterback Jason Campbell will start against the New England Patriots, coach Rob Chudzinski announced Friday.
Campbell was cleared to play and was a full participant in practice. He had been limited on Thursday. He suffered a concussion Nov. 24 during a loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.
"It was tough to sit out," Campbell said. "I thought it was important to get back playing, but at the same time there's life after football, so I wanted to make sure that part was handled correctly before I got back on the field."
Chudzinski said the Browns will decide on the backup when the coaching staff meets Friday and would announce the decision on game day.
"Whatever happens during the game, we have to be ready for," Chudzinski said. "That's part of this league."
- Wedding crashers caught on camera
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault 38 min ago
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Winds Ease Overnight
19 min ago
- Homes damaged by Ocean County forest fire
24 min ago
- Trenton pastors make a stand against violence
16 min ago
- Millions heading to Rome as 2 popes become...
35 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos