Fox to coach from sideline against Titans
John Fox will coach from sideline against Tennessee Titans.
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- With temperatures in the single digits or well below zero in the Denver metro area this week, Broncos coach John Fox took his team outside for practice -- not only for the players to deal with the elements, but to see how he would do as well.
Fox, who returned to work this week following open-heart surgery Nov. 4, said Friday he has been cleared to coach from the sideline for Sunday's game against the Tennessee Titans.
"I'll be on the sideline just like normal," Fox, 58, said after Friday's workout. "I had three pretty good days of practice. The doctors and medical people feel good about it, so that's where I'll be."
Fox had maintained throughout the week that he didn't know whether he'd coach from the sideline or the coaches' box. After the Broncos practiced in below-zero temperatures Thursday and Friday, he said he felt he could be on the sideline on game day as well.
The Broncos practiced at an indoor facility at a local recreation center Wednesday.
"People asked me earlier in the week [and] I hadn't even practiced yet or been to a practice yet," Fox said. "I feel pretty good about where I'm at physically and all that -- so do the medical people. That's why we made the decision. Basically got three really good days -- Wednesday, Thursday and Friday."
"On the field you have a little better feel for the players," Fox said. "You look right into their eyes -- communication-wise, it's direct and you're not going through somebody. There are probably cons for both, but I'm looking forward to getting back on the field with the team and business as usual."
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom 36 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos