Bengals' Harrison, Huber hurt vs. Steelers
Bengals linebacker James Harrison (possible concussion) and punter Kevin Huber (broken jaw) both left Cincinnati's Sunday night game against Pittsburgh Steelers.
PITTSBURGH -- James Harrison's return to Heinz Field ended before it really got going.
The former Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker, who now plays for the Cincinnati Bengals, was chased from Sunday night's game before the end of the first quarter with an apparent head injury. According to Bengals officials, Harrison was taken into the locker room for evaluation for a concussion and was ruled out for the game.
His injury wasn't the only one for the Bengals in what was a physical first half. Punter Kevin Huber, who was blindsided on a block by the Steelers' Terence Garvin late in the first quarter, left the game with a fractured jaw. Huber was officially listed as out for the remainder of the game.
Place-kicker Mike Nugent took Huber's place on a punt early in the second quarter. It traveled 37 yards.
Huber was hurt when he took a hard hit as he was running downfield to help on punt coverage. When Garvin hit him, the top of his helmet appeared to drive into the bottom of Huber's facemask. No penalty was called for helmet-to-helmet contact. Instead, a hole opened where Huber was, along with another. Steelers punt returner Antonio Brown then proceeded to sprint 68 yards for a touchdown.
The score gave Pittsburgh a 21-0 lead.
After lying on the ground for about three minutes, Huber was helped to his feet. He eventually jogged into the Bengals locker room with what appeared to be gauze in his mouth.
Harrison's injury came on the same night he returned to the place where he spent all but one of the 12 years of his career. This offseason, the Steelers weren't able to restructure a contract for Harrison, and he ended up signing with the Bengals.
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run 54 min ago
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup 31 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course 23 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 27 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 16 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
18 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
36 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
33 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos