Bowe (concussion) likely out vs. Chargers
Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Dwayne Bowe did not practice Thursday because of a concussion and is unlikely to play in Sunday's road game against the San Diego Chargers.
Bowe is second on the Chiefs and leads their wide receivers in receptions (57), yards (673) and touchdowns (five). The Chiefs (11-4) have clinched a wild-card playoff berth and, since Sunday's game is meaningless with regard to their playoff seeding, it's unclear how much Bowe was going to play, anyway.
Chiefs coach Andy Reid has said he might rest some of the Chiefs' key players in the hope of keeping them healthy and rested for the first-round playoff game. Junior Hemingway is Bowe's backup.
At 6-foot-1 and 225 pounds, Hemingway is similar in size to Bowe. Hemingway has eight receptions this season for 80 yards and two touchdowns.
Some of Bowe's snaps could also go to A.J. Jenkins, the only other spare receiver. Jenkins, who is faster than Bowe, has five catches for 63 yards this season.
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet 45 min ago
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
18 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos