Griffin III active for Redskins while Garcon out
Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III is active for Washington's game against Minnesota, a week after getting a concussion, but receiver Pierre Garcon is out with a sore right foot.LANDOVER, Md. -- Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III is active for Washington's game against Minnesota, a week after getting a concussion, but receiver Pierre Garcon is out with a sore right foot.
Garcon had been listed as questionable for Sunday and didn't take many snaps in practice Friday.
The Vikings are without receiver Jerome Simpson, who has a back problem that causes weakness and numbness in his lower left leg.
Griffin, the Heisman Trophy winner and the No. 2 overall pick in April's draft, returned to action by practicing Wednesday after being cleared. He took a shot to the head in the third quarter of Washington's loss to Atlanta last weekend.
Garcon also missed Weeks 2 and 3 and has only eight catches since signing a $42.5 million, five-year contract this offseason.
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 31 min ago
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- High winds cause damage across the region
- Residents forced to vacate East Oak Lane condo
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls
- High winds cause power outages in Wilmington
- Rescue crews pull woman from Schuylkill River
- Crews investigate hazmat situation at Philadelphia hotel
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW...
31 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos