Griffin III active for Redskins while Garcon out
Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III is active for Washington's game against Minnesota, a week after getting a concussion, but receiver Pierre Garcon is out with a sore right foot.LANDOVER, Md. -- Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III is active for Washington's game against Minnesota, a week after getting a concussion, but receiver Pierre Garcon is out with a sore right foot.
Garcon had been listed as questionable for Sunday and didn't take many snaps in practice Friday.
The Vikings are without receiver Jerome Simpson, who has a back problem that causes weakness and numbness in his lower left leg.
Griffin, the Heisman Trophy winner and the No. 2 overall pick in April's draft, returned to action by practicing Wednesday after being cleared. He took a shot to the head in the third quarter of Washington's loss to Atlanta last weekend.
Garcon also missed Weeks 2 and 3 and has only eight catches since signing a $42.5 million, five-year contract this offseason.
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say 39 min ago
- Man critically wounded by gunfire in Wilmington 24 min ago
- Police: 2 caught red-handed in Radnor burlgary
- Box of ammo explodes, injuring man in Del.
- Couple charged in theft of $854K from township
- Prosecutor: Prison can't hold Savage's rage
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos