Phillips among Giants' inactives vs. Steelers
The New York Giants will face the Pittsburgh Steelers without some key players, including safety Kenny Phillips.
Phillips came into the game as questionable but he will miss his fifth straight game since injuring his MCL against Philadelphia on Sept. 30. Stevie Brown, who had two interceptions last week against Dallas, will start again for Phillips.
For the Steelers, running back Jonathan Dwyer is missing a chance at a third straight 100-yard game as a strained right quad forced Pittsburgh to make him inactivate him for Sunday's game.
Dwyer, who missed practice Friday, was replaced by Isaac Redman, who was inactive the past two games with an ankle injury.
Running back Ahmad Bradshaw, who was questionable entering the game with a foot injury, will play as expected.
Tight end Bear Pascoe, who was also listed as questionable, will not suit up due to an ankle injury. Travis Beckum, who was activated off the PUP list on Saturday, will be the team's second tight end.
The Giants will also start David Diehl at right tackle, where Sean Locklear had been starting since Diehl injured his MCL in the second game of the season against Tampa Bay. The Giants have been easing Diehl back into action as the extra blocker but he will return as the starter.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead 1 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos