Fan found dead after ejection from Bills game
A fan ejected from Thursday night's game between the Buffalo Bills and Miami Dolphins was found dead in a small creek Friday morning near Ralph Wilson Stadium, according to multiple reports.A fan ejected at halftime of Thursday night's game between the Buffalo Bills and Miami Dolphins was found dead in a small creek Friday morning near Ralph Wilson Stadium, according to multiple reports.
Reports say 26-year-old David Gerken of Palmyra, N.Y., was reported missing by his brother when he did not show up at an arranged meeting place after the game.
Gerken was ejected for being intoxicated, according to reports.
Searchers pinged Gerken's cell phone in order to find the body in the Buffalo suburb of Orchard Park.
The Bills released the following statement: "We are deeply saddened to hear of this news this morning. While the loss of life is always tragic, the loss of a young life is even more so. Our heartfelt condolences go out to the family. We are currently cooperating with law enforcement officials to find out the details of this unfortunate incident."
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos