Source: Cutler clears test, expected to start
Bears quarterback Jay Cutler has been cleared by a doctor to play Sunday against the visiting Vikings, a source told ESPNChicago.com's Michael C. Wright.Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler has been cleared by a doctor to play Sunday against the visiting Minnesota Vikings, a source told ESPNChicago.com's Michael C. Wright.
Cutler was expected to start after undergoing an evaluation Saturday by an independent neurologist, the source said Saturday, a day after Cutler practiced in a limited capacity.
"He has progressed as we wanted him to do," Bears coach Lovie Smith said after practice. "As I've said, it's looking good. One more step to get him evaluated by an independent neurologist. Jay Cutler is getting better, was able to do more than he did yesterday."
Cutler returned to the practice field Thursday and worked in a limited capacity for the first time since suffering a concussion late in the first half of the Nov. 11 loss to the Houston Texans. The quarterback didn't travel with the team when it fell 32-7 at San Francisco on Monday night.
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- On video: Armed robber fails after KFC workers flee 19 min ago
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp. 31 min ago
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks in Center City 27 min ago
- Police in standoff at home in Uwchlan Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks...
27 min ago
- Water pressure problems plague Trenton
53 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos