Report: WR Gaffney suspended after being cut
Tight end Kyle Miller has been awarded off waivers to the Miami Dolphins, and they waived receiver Jabar Gaffney.
The report states that nearly two years ago Gaffney was charged with non-violent resisting arrest in Miami, and that he recently finished a diversion program related to the case. Gaffney remains eligible to be signed by teams during his suspension.
The 11-year veteran joined the Dolphins in early October. He had the best season of his career last year with Washington, then signed with the New England Patriots and was released at the end of training camp.
Gaffney, however, had just four catches in three games with the Dolphins and missed Miami's game against Buffalo last week because of a knee injury.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th 3 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Video: Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News 38 min ago
- Reward offered after dogs found in trash bags 26 min ago
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy. crash
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Surveillance video shows Christmas package theft
- Police: Teen stole Porsche part from Paul Walker crash 32 min ago
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
30 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos