Cowboys LB Carter placed on injured reserve
The Cowboys will be without their top two tacklers for the rest of the season with Bruce Carter joining Sean Lee on injured reserve.
The Cowboys placed Carter on injured reserve because of a dislocated left elbow suffered on Thanksgiving against Washington and signed Brady Poppinga.
Carter is scheduled to have surgery this week. Lee was placed on injured reserve on Oct. 24 after undergoing right big toe surgery.
Cornerback Orlando Scandrick remains on the active roster despite undergoing left hand surgery on Friday.
Poppinga worked out for the Cowboys in late October when the team signed Gary Guyton. Ernie Sims likely will be promoted to the starting lineup in Carter's absence. Poppinga is an eight-year veteran, spending six years with Green Bay and starting 12 games for St. Louis in 2011.
Poppinga says he tried to keep himself in "Batman" shape -- ready when called -- while sitting out this season. He last played in the 2011 finale with St. Louis.
Armstrong caught three passes in five games for 12 yards earlier this year for Miami. He spent the 2010-11 seasons with Washington and has 54 catches for 986 yards and five touchdowns in his career.
In addition, the Cowboys signed Reggie Jones to the practice squad to replace Danny Coale, who tore an anterior cruciate ligament two weeks ago.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 56 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard 39 min ago
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry 38 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos