Broncos bring Hester in as fourth running back
The Denver Broncos have signed former Chargers running back Jacob Hester to take the spot opened when Willis McGahee went on injured reserve.
The Broncos also signed Jeremiah Johnson back to their practice squad Monday.
Hester, a third-round pick out of LSU in 2008, played fullback for San Diego for four years. He had 94 rushes for 319 yards and also caught 55 passes for 308 yards.
McGahee, who injured his right knee last week, is eligible to return to the active roster for the AFC title game if the Broncos advance that far.
Johnson spent the entire season on the practice squad before being cut last week.
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment 58 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Lumberton brush fire considered 'suspicious'
- Comfortable, but breezy.
13 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos