Panthers DT Edwards to IR; Stewart hurt
Coach Ron Rivera says the Panthers have placed starting defensive tackle Ron Edwards on injured reserve with a dislocated left elbow and running back Jonathan Stewart could miss some time with a high ankle sprain.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Coach Ron Rivera says the Panthers have placed starting defensive tackle Ron Edwards on injured reserve with a dislocated left elbow and running back Jonathan Stewart could miss some time with a high ankle sprain.
Both players were injured in Carolina's 30-22 win over Philadelphia on Monday night.
Edwards, a 12-year NFL veteran, started all 11 games for the Panthers this season and has 14 tackles and one sack. His statistics are not an indication of his full value to the Panthers. He often commands double-team blocks in the middle.
Carolina signed defensive tackle Frank Kearse from the practice squad, but Rivera wouldn't say who'll start in Edwards' spot this Sunday at Kansas City.
Rivera says DeAngelo Williams will start at running back if Stewart is unable to play.
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof. 12 min ago
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada 54 min ago
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Video: Prankster glues woman to Home Depot toilet 53 min ago
- Nelson Mandela lies in state in Pretoria,...
20 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos