Five players fined for Raiders-Bengals tussle
Four Raiders and one Bengal have been fined $26,250 each for fighting in last Sunday's game.NEW YORK -- Four Raiders and one Bengal were fined $26,250 each for fighting in last Sunday's game.
The brawl started after a Bengals play was whistled dead because of a false start. Houston tackled quarterback Andy Dalton after the whistle, and Whitworth confronted the lineman, going facemask to facemask.
Later in the week, Whitworth called some of the Raiders "cowards" for hitting him during an on-field skirmish.
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall drew two fines that totaled $35,750. He was docked $20,000 for a horse-collar tackle, and $15,750 for a late hit against Dallas.
Also fined for actions in other games were Texans defensive end J.J. Watt $15,750 for roughing the passer after he struck Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford in the head and neck area; Chiefs offensive lineman Donald Stephenson, $15,750 for unnecessary roughness against Denver; and Ravens receiver Anquan Boldin, $7,875 for a late hit against San Diego.
Bears quarterback Jay Cutler was docked $10,000 for throwing the ball at Minnesota cornerback AJ Jefferson.
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 40 min ago
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- High winds cause damage across the region
- Residents forced to vacate East Oak Lane condo
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls
- High winds cause power outages in Wilmington
- Rescue crews pull woman from Schuylkill River
- Crews investigate hazmat situation at Philadelphia hotel
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW...
40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos