Ex-Texans pick Wright sentenced to life in jail
A former NFL player has been sentenced to life in prison for a series of home-invasion robberies and a sexual assault in Sacramento.SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- A former NFL player has been sentenced to life in prison for a series of home-invasion robberies and a sexual assault in Sacramento.
Keith Wright, who is 32, was sentenced Friday in Sacramento County Superior Court to multiple life terms. He was convicted last month of 19 charges that included forcible oral copulation, armed robbery, kidnapping, burglary and false imprisonment.
Prosecutors say DNA evidence and stolen items found in Wright's home connected him to three home invasion robberies in July and August 2011.
The former University of Missouri defensive lineman saw little playing time in the NFL after being selected in the sixth round of the draft by the Houston Texans in 2003.
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95 39 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Video: Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News 2 min ago
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy. crash
- Mattress catches fire in townhouse in Whitemarsh
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Surveillance video shows Christmas package theft
- Police: Teen stole Porsche part from Paul Walker crash
- Robber slashed with knife; suspect's mom...
6 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos