Source: Ravens star LB Suggs has torn biceps
Baltimore Ravens star linebacker Terrell Suggs suffered torn biceps in Sunday's loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers, a league source told ESPN.
The Ravens have not officially commented on the status of the five-time Pro Bowler, but Suggs tweeted Monday that he will receive a second medical opinion to confirm the severity of the injury.
Suggs left in the fourth quarter of Sunday's 23-20 loss to Pittsburgh and was clearly favoring his right arm while walking to the sideline.
Ravens coach John Harbaugh said Monday that he doesn't believe Suggs has a long-term injury.
"I think we are encouraged that it may not be," Harbaugh said. "We'll just have to see."
Harbaugh also stated he was uncertain whether Suggs, last year's NFL Defensive Player of the Year, would be available for next Sunday's game against the Washington Redskins.
After sitting out the first six weeks of the season recovering from a torn Achilles tendon, Suggs has 19 tackles and two sacks in six games.
ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter and The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos