Source: No punishment for Suh in Colts game
The latest accusations of misbehavior by Detroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh will not result in NFL punishment, a league source said.
But there was no penalty called on the play and a league source said Tuesday that nothing on video replay indicated any type of violation.
The Colts' Mike McGlynn drew attention to the play when he called out Suh in comments made to the Indianapolis Star.
"Totally ignorant on their part, just childish stuff," McGlynn told the newspaper. "We're all battling out there; I don't know if the hit was legal or not, but clearly he was hurt, and they're out there dancing and pointing at him and laughing. Just blatant disrespect. They're good players, but there's no room for that. It's disgusting, really."
But Lions coach Jim Schwartz, on Monday, said there's nothing on the coaches' film to support McGlynn's accusations and that his players were simply excited about the interception and making blocks to support a return.
"What shows on the coaches' film is we make an interception with six minutes to go and we're up two scores and looks like it's a really great chance to be able to win that game. Guys were looking to make blocks; guys made blocks," Schwartz said. "It's off after that. There were no penalties on that play. Our guys were rightfully excited. We had a very good pass rush on that. The quarterback, like we had talked about all week, had to elevate his throw.
"We're excited about it. I don't think anybody's reveling in anybody being injured or anything like that."
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash 29 min ago
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering 23 min ago
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges 50 min ago
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- Suspect sought after West Philadelphia bank robbery 42 min ago
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees
- Tracking Weekend Storm
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos