Starr collapses during speech but appears OK
Hall of Fame quarterback Bart Starr collapsed during a speech in Madison, Wis., on Tuesday. Conference organizers say he appears to be OK.
MADISON, Wis. -- Hall of Fame quarterback Bart Starr collapsed during a speech in Madison, Wis., on Tuesday. Conference organizers say he appears to be OK.
The Green Bay Packers' former quarterback and coach finished speaking at the Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority conference at Monona Terrace, then collapsed on stage.
Authority spokesman Kevin Fischer said Starr then sat up and said he was fine. Fischer told the Journal Sentinel the 78-year-old Starr was speaking coherently and left the convention center with his wife, Cherry, got into a limo and was taken to the Dane County Regional Airport.
Starr led the Packers to five NFL titles and two Super Bowl championships. He was Green Bay's head coach from 1975-83.
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 51 min ago
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia 12 min ago
- Doors smashed in 2 Prices Corner store burglaries 57 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 2 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila. 16 min ago
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
2 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N....
16 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos