Starr collapses during speech but appears OK
Hall of Fame quarterback Bart Starr collapsed during a speech in Madison, Wis., on Tuesday. Conference organizers say he appears to be OK.
MADISON, Wis. -- Hall of Fame quarterback Bart Starr collapsed during a speech in Madison, Wis., on Tuesday. Conference organizers say he appears to be OK.
The Green Bay Packers' former quarterback and coach finished speaking at the Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority conference at Monona Terrace, then collapsed on stage.
Authority spokesman Kevin Fischer said Starr then sat up and said he was fine. Fischer told the Journal Sentinel the 78-year-old Starr was speaking coherently and left the convention center with his wife, Cherry, got into a limo and was taken to the Dane County Regional Airport.
Starr led the Packers to five NFL titles and two Super Bowl championships. He was Green Bay's head coach from 1975-83.
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof. 11 min ago
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Man shot, killed on Kensington street 13 min ago
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- South Street area restaurants damaged, burglarized
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial 1 min ago
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela...
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos