Redskins DB Griffin banned 4 games for PEDs
Washington Redskins defensive back Cedric Griffin has been suspended four games for violating the NFL's policy on performance enhancing substances, the league announced Tuesday.
Griffin's suspension means he will miss the remainder of the regular season. He will be eligible to return to the Redskins' active roster on Dec. 31, following the team's regular-season finale against the Dallas Cowboys.
Losing Griffin, the club's starting nickelback, is a blow to the Redskins (6-6), who trail the first-place New York Giants by one game in the NFC East. Washington ranks 31st in the league in pass defense, ahead of only Tampa Bay.
Griffin, who registered five tackles in Monday night's 17-16 win over the Giants, signed a one-year deal for $1.25 million in March after six seasons with the Minnesota Vikings.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case 22 min ago
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; 6 dead, 290 missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos