Redskins DB Griffin banned 4 games for PEDs
Washington Redskins defensive back Cedric Griffin has been suspended four games for violating the NFL's policy on performance enhancing substances, the league announced Tuesday.
Griffin's suspension means he will miss the remainder of the regular season. He will be eligible to return to the Redskins' active roster on Dec. 31, following the team's regular-season finale against the Dallas Cowboys.
Losing Griffin, the club's starting nickelback, is a blow to the Redskins (6-6), who trail the first-place New York Giants by one game in the NFC East. Washington ranks 31st in the league in pass defense, ahead of only Tampa Bay.
Griffin, who registered five tackles in Monday night's 17-16 win over the Giants, signed a one-year deal for $1.25 million in March after six seasons with the Minnesota Vikings.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate 29 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
12 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos