Source: Urlacher fined for 2nd horse-collar hit
Chicago Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher was fined $21,000 for his second horse-collar tackle in as many weeks, a source familiar with the situation confirmed.
The Chicago Tribune earlier reported the news.
Urlacher was fined $15,750 for a horse-collar tackle on the Vikings' Adrian Peterson on Nov. 25, and he appealed that fine.
He also plans to appeal this one, according to the Trib, which quoted Urlacher as saying "My last appeal went real good."
It's been a tough week for Urlacher, who suffered a Grade 2 hamstring strain against the Seahawks. He could miss the rest of the regular season.
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos