Bengals sign PK Brown with Nugent ailing
The Bengals have signed kicker Josh Brown to fill in for the injured Mike Nugent, who hurt his right calf and didn't practice Wednesday.
Brown played five seasons with Seattle and four with St. Louis. He kicked for the Jets in preseason and was released on Aug. 27.
Also on Thursday, the Bengals (7-5) waived center Jeff Faine, opening the way for Kyle Cook to return from an ankle injury suffered in the final preseason game. Faine played in the first eight games, starting seven, while Cook recovered from surgery on his right ankle.
Cook fully practiced for the first time Wednesday and could be activated off the injured reserve list for a game against Dallas (6-6) on Sunday in Cincinnati.
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle Co. 22 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
1 min ago
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle...
22 min ago
- Family searches for missing medical student
40 min ago
- Grinch slashes holiday decorations
28 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos