Giants WR Nicks (knee) will play against Saints
New York Giants wide receiver Hakeem Nicks is active and will start Sunday against the New Orleans Saints.
Nicks had been listed as questionable due to a knee injury, but he warmed up on the field prior to the game, running routes while catching both short and deep passes.
Nicks, who has struggled with knee and foot injuries all season, took part in a limited fashion in Friday's practice, which Giants coach Tom Coughlin hoped was a positive sign for the receiver's chances of playing.
Nicks didn't appear on the injury report Wednesday but missed practice Thursday. He had swelling in the same knee earlier this season and missed three games because of the swelling, as well as issues with his surgically repaired right foot.
Nicks' productivity has taken a hit; he has just 46 catches for 585 yards and two touchdowns. In his career, Nicks has caught at least six touchdowns every season, and he topped 1,000 yards the past two seasons.
The Giants will be without safety Kenny Phillips, who is inactive with a knee injury. He was listed as doubtful going into the game after playing just 20 snaps against Washington on Monday night and appearing to labor a bit.
Phillips aggravated an MCL injury that kept him out of six contests earlier this season during a game against Green Bay on Nov. 25. Stevie Brown will continue to start opposite Antrel Rolle at safety.
Phillips, tight end Travis Beckum, defensive end Adewale Ojomo, safety Tyler Sash, running back Ryan Torain, tight end Adrien Robinson and defensive tackle Marvin Austin are inactive for Sunday's game.
Information from ESPNNewYork.com's Matt Ehalt was used in this report.
- Photos: Pictures from Colorado high school shooting 36 min ago
- 2-alarm house fire in Blackwood, NJ 32 min ago
- Drugs, $29K seized in raid at Rowan U. dorm
- Police search for missing Rider University student
- Coroner: Frat pledge died from head injuries
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila.
- Kansas airport worker arrested in car bomb plot 27 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos