Cutler: Neck tight, should be ready vs. Packers
Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler said he received treatment for his sore neck on Monday morning and expects to be ready for the Green Bay Packers on Sunday.
"Unless something drastic happens, absolutely," Cutler said on "The Jay Cutler Show" on ESPN 1000.
Cutler was knocked out of Sunday's 21-14 loss to the Minnesota Vikings in the fourth quarter when defensive end Everson Griffen hit him. Griffen was penalized for unnecessary roughness. Cutler remained on the field for the rest of the drive.
"Just tight," Cutler said. "Got some treatment this morning, so should be ready to go later in the week."
Bears coach Lovie Smith did not want to get specific about Cutler's condition.
"Without going into detail, which I don't really know, I think it's normal soreness that you would have from a stiff neck," Smith said. "But again, I try not to jump too far on that side, to try to play doctor too much.
"I just know yesterday -- I'm just basing it on what he has right now -- he has a sore neck."
The Bears have lost four of five games, and the Packers could clinch the NFC North title Sunday.
Cutler said the injury against the Vikings was not head-related.
"It was neck-related," he said. "I was getting spasms. I wasn't going to help anybody being out there."
Asked what's hurting the most, the 29-year-old Cutler made a joke out of it.
"It's a lot of things at this point," Cutler said. "I don't know if I'm getting old or what's happening, but it gets harder and harder."
Cutler did not enjoy one of his better games Sunday, completing just 50 percent of his passes and finishing with a passer rating of 57.0. He threw one touchdown pass and two interceptions.ESPNChicago.com's Michael C. Wright contributed to this story.
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos