Mankins: Gronkowski not hurting anyone
When it comes to the recent headlines generated by New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski, Logan Mankins says he doesn't have a problem.
Gronkowski was videotaped earlier this month performing a wrestling move on a friend at a Las Vegas nightclub despite having a broken forearm in a cast.
"I know we are referring to Gronk and partying and doing wrestling moves and stuff. I think Gronk's having fun," Mankins said Tuesday during a charitable appearance at the Kraft Family Blood Donor Center.
In the week before the Super Bowl, he said his arm feels "all right" and noted that he has a lot of time to heal and there is no rush. He said the goal is to be 100 percent by the time camp starts.
Mankins, one of the Patriots' captains and a senior presence in the locker room who often sets the tone for teammates, said at least his boisterous teammate isn't breaking the law.
"The headlines might not be what a lot of people want, but at least he's not getting DUIs or doing things that are against the law. I don't think he's hurting anyone.
"Hopefully he doesn't hurt his arm because then that would be bad. You know Gronk, he is a big meathead that likes to party and play football. I think that's what he's doing.
"When he starts breaking the law, then that would be definitely something we'd have to look into," he said.
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 54 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 59 min ago
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
54 min ago
- Milder Monday
57 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos