Ex-49er charged with failing to file tax returns
Former San Francisco 49er standout Bubba Paris has been charged with failing to file federal income tax returns.
SAN FRANCISCO -- Former San Francisco 49ers standout Bubba Paris has been charged with failing to file federal income tax returns.
The U.S. Department of Justice announced Tuesday that Paris has been charged with three misdemeanor charges of failing to file tax returns in 2006, 2007 and 2008. Prosecutors allege that Paris received gross income of more than $57,000, nearly $84,000 and almost $42,000, respectively, in each of those years.
The 52-year-old Discovery Bay, Calif., resident didn't return a phone call and an email message sent to his motivational speaking company.
Paris was drafted in the second round of the 1982 NFL draft from the University of Michigan. He started at left tackle for eight of the nine years he played for San Francisco, which won three Super Bowls during his career.
- Saints will trade Sproles to Eagles; Birds sign Carroll
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- Photos: Pictures from the SXSW festival crash
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images 34 min ago
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- 3rd suspect ID'd in Exton jewelry store theft 23 min ago
- High winds cause damage across the region
- Photos: Pictures from Thursday's wind damage
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting 30 min ago
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos