Official: Te'o all business with combine on tap
Those who have watched Manti Te'o prepare for the scouting combine say the former Notre Dame linebacker has shown no signs of being distracted by his off-field issues.
BRADENTON, Fla. -- Those who have watched Manti Te'o prepare for the scouting combine say the former Notre Dame linebacker has shown no signs of being distracted by national media attention that came from his online relationship with a girlfriend that turned out to be a hoax.
"He missed precisely one day," said former NFL quarterback Chris Weinke, the director of football operations at IMG Academy where Te'o has been preparing for the combine. The combine starts Wednesday in Indianapolis.
"He's gone about his business and been the same guy all along," Weinke said. "I really admire that because a lot of guys his age would not be able to handle this as well as he has. I haven't seen any signs of it being a distraction and I expect him to go up to Indianapolis and have a great combine."
Te'o took part in Monday's workouts, but declined an interview request. Te'o recently divulged that he was the victim of a hoax in which he developed an online relationship with a woman who did not exist.
"Manti has been the same Manti I went to college with," former Notre Dame tight end Tyler Eifert, who also has been working out at IMG, said. "He left to do the Katie Couric interview for one day and I think he was back that same night. He's been out on the field working just like he's always worked. I've tried to be there for him, but I don't know that he's needed all that much help because he's such a strong person to begin with."
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos