Source: UGA's Jones won't work out at combine
Georgia linebacker Jarvis Jones, the top player on Mel Kiper's Big Board, will not work out at this week's NFL scouting combine, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
Georgia linebacker Jarvis Jones, the top player on Mel Kiper's Big Board, will not work out at this week's NFL scouting combine and will instead focus on his pro day in Athens, Ga., in March, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
Jones' decision means that the draft's projected top linebacker and top running back, as well as one of the top quarterbacks and one of the top wide receivers, are not planning to work out at this week's combine.
A two-time All-American at Georgia, Jones is one of 32 SEC underclassmen making the jump to the NFL this year. He is one of six underclassmen ranked among the top 10 prospects on Kiper's latest Big Board.
During the 2012 season, Jones led the nation in sacks (14.5) and tackles for a loss (24.5), both Georgia records. In two seasons at Georgia, the USC transfer recorded 28 sacks and 44 tackles for a loss in 26 games.
Information from DawgNation reporter David Ching contributed to this report.
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run 42 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos