Sources: Falcons likely to release RB Turner
The Atlanta Falcons are likely to release running back Michael Turner, who is scheduled to make $6.9 million next season, league sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Friday.
Turner, 31, rushed for 800 yards and 10 touchdowns last season as the Falcons reached the NFC Championship Game. It marked the fifth straight season in which he reached double figures in TDs.
Turner split time in 2012 with second-year pro Jacquizz Rodgers. According to ESPN Stats & Information, Turner was on the field for 503 snaps and Rodgers took part in 502.
A two-time Pro Bowler, Turner has spent the past five seasons with the Falcons after playing his first four years with the San Diego Chargers. He has rushed for 7,338 yards and 66 TDs in 134 career games.
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 58 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester 18 min ago
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and chilly
56 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
58 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos