Cardinals release Doucet, tender offer to Hoyer
The Arizona Cardinals have released wide receiver Early Doucet and given a qualifying, second-round tender offer to quarterback Brian Hoyer.
Doucet, a third-round draft pick in 2008, has been plagued by injuries much of his NFL career. He caught 28 passes for 207 yards in 12 games last season. For his Arizona career, Doucet had 139 catches for 1,491 yards and seven touchdowns in 54 games.
Hoyer, signed by Arizona late last season, is a restricted free agent, but Arizona has the right to match any offer. If they decide not to match, the Cardinals will receive a second-round draft pick as compensation.
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 1 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton 52 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos